Hello!
This may be another long post. I had to try every one of Therese Calvird's ideas, so I am here to share them with you.
This is a technique I have always enjoyed with my card making. I like to cut my cards on an angle just for some fun.
I began by cutting both the card stock panel and the front of my card base at the same angle, then I trimmed the panel so that it was slightly smaller than the card base. (I only needed to trim the top and right had edges of the panel)
Then I ran Lisa Horton Copper metallic ink over the entire panel allowing some of the white card stock to show through underneath. I like the streaked look. I used my heat tool to be sure it was completely dry, then used my embossing bag to pre treat my card stock before embossing the sentiments along the right edge. I stamped with clear VersaMark ink, then added white embossing powder.
I stamped multiple flowers in different color combinations onto my white card stock. (The out line stamp was stamped with the same Lisa Horton Copper ink as the panel.). Then cut the images with the coordinating dies.
I used these colors for the leaves, and die cut them, as well.
I attached the leaves and flowers to the outside of my card, but then wanted to fill in the inside edge that was showing. When I opened the card I realized I could see some of the dimensional tape along the inside edge, so I added a flower here, too, to cover it up.
Here is the outside. You can see the orange flower tucked under the card front for added interest. I also cut gold metallic leaves from the Altenew Zero Waste Leaves die and added some of those into the bouquet.
It is a lot of fun to play with the shape of a card and not just the cover. There are so many possibilities!
Card 2
I made another shaped card for this one. I also added in a double shaker window! (I actually think maybe I should have added wheels because to me it looks like it could be a camper!!)
I started by die cutting the card base using the Simon Says Stamps Squovals. (Who doesn't like the word "squovals???)
I then cut out the window using a smaller sized squoval. (OK... I am going to keep using the word squoval!!)
Then I used my adorable Modern Circles stencil to create a pattern on a squoval that I had die cut for the inside of the card. I used different Altenew green inks for this. I covered the area I didn't want inked with some temporary tape.
When I finished I realized I had turned one of my stencils in the wrong direction, so the pattern did not come out right... I had to cut another squoval and start again.
Tip: When using layering stencils be sure they are all going in the same direction :)
I stamped my greeting through the window for perfect placement, then
I added the vellum to the back part of my panel, then attached foam tape and the sequins into the basin under the window. I added another sheet of vellum, and attached the card stock to the card base with liquid glue and the foam tape.
I then die cut some mirrored gold leaves using the Altenew Zero Waste Die Set and attached with foam squares.
The inside of the card has the patterned squoval glued to the card base so that you can see the sentiment from both the front and the inside.
I hope you enjoyed my squoval shaped double window card tutorial.
Card 3
My third card is the same shape as my first card... just because I was having fun!
I started by using a small stamp that I thought coordinated with the die set I had in mind. I love the little clusters of flowers... so dainty!
I used a 2nd generation stamping technique by stamping onto a scrap piece of paper before stamping onto my card stock. This gets rid of some of the ink and leaves a more muted shade on your card stock.
I then die cut and ink blended each of the layers of the mini floral cluster dies using the inks shown above. These are not my go-to colors for flowers, but I thought they would make a nice elegant arrangement.
Here I am showing that I used the lightest shade on the cluster closest to the top, and went darker as the clusters went down. I left the very bottom layer white for contrast.
After I glued them together and arranged them onto the top of my card stock, I went to work on a sentiment.
I LOVE the One-Go sentiments and die sets! It is always helpful to have extra sentiments ready to go when you need them! I stamped them using my Stamp Wheel (the tool I use for EVERYTHING!!). I had to stamp a few times for perfect coverage, so this is the perfect tool for that.
I then die cut the sentiments.
Tip: The larger sentiment on the bottom seems to wrinkle when I run it through my machine, so my suggestion would be to run half of the die cut through, then run it backwards, then turn the entire plate around and run it through the other way and back. This may keep it from buckling int he machine.
Now I have all these extra sentiments ready for the next project!
Tip: If you have some rough edges after running a die through the machine, use an old manicure board to run over the edges. This will also work if your trimmer blade isn't as sharp as it should be... it will smooth the edges of the card stock the same way it will smooth your nails.
I forgot to mention that I used a Spellbinders border die to create the edge on this one. I thought it needed a touch more daintiness on the card :)
Tip: This is how I store my extra sentiments. I have them in baseball card holders in this binder. Most are arranged by theme, but the Altenew One Go I keep all together on one page for easy access.
Card 4
This shows the "faux embossing" technique taught in the class.
I cut and colored the flowers suing the "Primrose" set from Altenew.
First I stamped the images with black Versafine Ink, then I used Altenew Watercolor Brushes to paint in the flowers. I need much more practice with watercolors!! (I know where to look... Erum Tasneem is incredibly talented and I need to spend more time watching her videos!!)
Then I die cut them with the coordinating dies, and attached them to white card stock using liquid glue.
I stamped the sentiment directly onto the panel and added some flat dots for some shine.
I attached the card panel to a slightly larger piece of black card stock to create a small border, then attached to an A2 side folding card.
Keepin' it simple!
Have a great day!



FANTABULOUS!! Really out-of-the-box designs too.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I'm so glad you like them!
Delete