My cards for All About Layering 3

 Welcome back!
Today I am sharing my first post and the cards I will be submitting for the AECP class "All About Layering 3".






This class was so interesting for me bacause although I have a ton of Altenew layering stamps, I rarely use them.   Lydia showed exactly how to line them up so that the flowers actually look like flowers on the paper.  They are gorgeous and so life-like!

For the first card I used the "Just for You" stamp set from Altenew.  I think this was the first set I ever bought from Altenew! The flowers are so pretty!! 

I stamped 2 flowers using my Altenew Stamp Wheel (one of my all time favorite tools!) with some leaves, and die cut using the coordinating dies.  When I went to add it to my card, I realized it would look better with an odd number of flowers, so I stamped another one.  So much better with three!

I used Altenew Fresh Dye inks in the following colors:

  • Strawberry
  • Dusty Pink
  • Blush Rose
  • Raspberry Sunset
  • Pistachio
  • Misty Sage
  • Mossy Meadow

  • Memento Black Ink
Before applying the flowers to the card, I lightly stenciled a leaf pattern onto my white card stock with a GinaK light grey ink.  I think the leaf pattern adds just a bit of textured look to the background.  Then I added the flowers using foam tape for added dimension, and tucked the flowers underneath, adhering with liquid glue.  Finally I die cut the word "You" from black card stock, stamped the sentiment on white, and adhered to the card.  Just a few final touches to add some sparkle to the card... Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen and a few gemstones from HoneyBee Stamps added just the right touch.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  See you again next time!

Comments

  1. Your projects look GORGEOUS! The first card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment