My cards for All About Layering 4

 Hello!  Welcome back!  Today I am sharing with you some of the cards from the All About Layering 4 class.  Again it was another great class with Lydia explaining in such detail about how to layer up the stamps perfectly to get fantastic results.  





For my first post I used the very first set I ever bought from Altenew, this is the opposite!  I just received this and OH MY! It is stunning! This is the Build A Flower Candystripe Cosmos.  Isn't it lovely? I chose a dark background for this to make these delicious colors pop.

First I stamped some of the background leaves onto the navy cardstock using Versa Mark ink.  I embossed with a pearl embossing powder to make them shiny.  Then I ran the card stock through my Platinum machine with a SU embossing folder to add some texture.  With that complete I stamped and cut the flowers with the coordinating dies. I didn't like the white outline of the diecuts, so I found a navy copic marker and just ran it around the outside edges to get rid of the white.  It really made the colors shine! I then added them on top of the textured card stock with foam tape. The hello was cut from silver card stock, and the shadow from velum.

Altenew Fresh Dye Ink colors used:

  • Baby Pink
  • Fuchsia
  • Magenta
  • Butternut
  • Melted Butterscotch
  • Raspberry Sunset
  • Fresh Leaf
  • Reindeer Moss
  • Green Opal
I also stamped the image first with the Memento Black Ink to make lining up the other layers easier. 



The second card I made for this class was made with the beautiful Exotic Tulips by Altenew.

I cut a circle out of the card front and layered the tulips around the edges for added interest.  I stamped the sentiment on the inside of the card so that it can be seen when the card is both open and closed. Gem stones were added just for some fun.

Altenew Fresh and Crisp Dye Inks used:

  • Butternut
  • Amber Blaze
  • Golden Honeycomb
  • Apricot Frost
  • Mandarin Burst
  • Tangerine Dream
  • Pink Diamond
  • Rubellite
  • Razzleberry
  • Soft Lilac
  • Deep Iris
  • Midnight Violet
  • Parrot
  • Moss
And for the final card..



I used Craft A Flower Rose Spray for this one.  I love how the colors are so light and romantic. I cut apart most of the stems and scattered them for a sweet, airy look.  Again, I stenciled with light grey on the background, then added the die cut flowers on top, finishing with a hot foiled sentiment popped up with foam tape.

  • Silver Sage
  • Eucalyptus
  • Peachy Glow
  • Orange Sherbet
  • Peachy Keen
  • Citrus Burst

I hope you enjoyed these cards.  They were so much for to make.  See you next time!

Comments

  1. I skipped this one since in the caption it said "All About Layering 3" - Only checked this out as you were missing one class and I thought maybe there was a typo :) Your cards look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment