Hello! I am so excited to share my next batch of cards with you for the AECP program. Today's focus was on stenciling with Laura Beard. She had some great ideas for different kinds of stenciling that were a lot of fun to try.
For the first 2 cards I made a stencil from a background die that I had. I cut out the die, then used it as the stencil for my card. I ink blended over the "stencil" onto white card stock using rouge, coral bliss, heartbeat, and vineyard berry to make an ombre effect. These colors are so beautiful together! I loved the way the background turned out, but I also love the way the colors appear brighter on the stencil, so I used that also.
For the one with the stencil background I stamped the Altenew Build A Flower: Columbine with the same colors as the background, plus honey drizzle, caribbean sky, persian blue, and sapphire. The leaves were stamped using limeade, lime, and fresh leaf. I used coordinating dies to cut out the 2 flowers. (I positioned the stamp into my stampwheel so that I could rotate the top plate 180 degrees and print a second flower at the same time). I didn't take long to position them onto my card and apply the sentiment towards the top. I think the softness of the background is lovely with the more vibrant colors of the flowers.
For the next card I used the stencil from the first card. The colors on here were so vibrant and rich! I stamped the Altenew Build A Flower: Primrose using just a stamping block (it was so easy to position them, so didn't use the stampwheel this time). Again, I used the same colors as I had for the stenciling, and added limeade, lime, fresh lemon, citrus burst, rose quartz, and puffy heart. I used coordinating dies to cut the flowers. I then positioned them onto the stencil. I used Press and Seal over the top to pick up the design. I then glued just the bottom layer (which appeared as the top layer when I was looking at the images) to the card stock. The next ayer I applied with foam tape, as well as the final layer. It was so easy to do it this way so that I didn't have to worry about the design changing while I was working. I added a hot foil sentiment popped up on foam tape as the greeting, and finished the card with small gems in the middle of the flowers.
I hope you give some of the stenciling techniques a try. They are fun and easy and add such a beautiful background for your cards!
Have a great day!








Wow! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work with us, Onalie!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Erum! I appreciate your comments!
Delete