For the first card today I decided to use an older set of mine that unfortunately hasn’t received much love over the years. This is the Painted Butterflies set by Altenew. I stamped repeatedly over my card stock being sure to line up one butterrfly’s antennae with the next butterfly’ wing. These were stamped with Versafine Pigment ink for fine details because I knew I would be watercoloring and didn’t want the black ink to run.
When they were all stamped I smooshed some inks onto my glass mat, sprayed them with a bit of water, then painted them onto the card stock to create the color on the butterflies wings. This technique is so fun and easy…I need to remember to use it more often!
The sentiment is from the same set. I stamped it with the black Versamark ink, backed it with black card stock to make a small border, then popped it up with foam tape for dimension.
This is definitely a quick and easy card, but I think it packs a pretty punch!
Colors used:
- Butternut
- Blush Rose
- Raspberry Sunset
For the next card I used the Altenew Spoon Daisy embossing folder. I inked up the raised side of the folder with Altenew Antique Gold pigment ink and ran the card stock and folder through my die cutting machine. The inked image now appears on the debossed side of the panel. I think I only ran this through one time because I liked the lighter color on this image.
I cut out the sentiment from the Timeless Sentiments Die Set from gold card stock, and a vellum shadow. Small foam squares where placed behind the letters where they won’t be seen by the recipient.
Another easy peasy card, but I think it’s quite lovely!
The third card for this class as a little more complex, and I think came out quite nice. I highlighted the Build A Flower: Cattleya set, inking with different shades of purple. The sentiment is from the Best Sentiments set which I inked with Altenew Crisp Inks Jet Black. The gold background is one layer of the plaid die set. (I wanted to keep it simple so didn’t use the second plate for this one). I added small touches of Stickles in the center of the flowers for some sparkle.
I hope you enjoyed today’s cards! Hope to see you again soon.








LOVE these! So pretty.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!!
ReplyDelete