Hello! Today I decided to work on cards using some of my newest products from Simon Says Stamps. When there is a great sale, how can I refuse?
While cutting out the die cuts I realized that the stem and veins (the negative part) were kind of interesting, so I used the card stock's negative image as a stencil, ink blended VERY lightly onto white card stock, then filled in the veins from what was left from the leaves. I thought that would make a pretty cool background!
I then used the leaves (cut in 3 different colors) and stacked them onto each other with just a bit of the edges showing. I placed that over the background panel, and attached to a slightly larger panel of matching card stock.
Kind of cool...right?
There is something so beautiful about this basil leaf... I can almost smell it!!
I used the negative from the previous card and embossed the panel with the SSS Blown Glass embossing folder. I cut that panel down to 4 x 5 1/4.
I then used a dark green piece of card stock, cut to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8. I used VersaMark ink and inked a SSS red rubber Thank You background stamp using clear embossing powder. I ran some decorative yarn around the bottom of the panel and attached a knot. Then I attached the 2 panels together using liquid glue and added to an A2 size white card base.
Another orange leaf was then attached to the panel. I added Altenew embossing dots and a thank you sentiment to finish the project.
Sometimes I love a simple card!
Comments
Post a Comment