Easy Ink Blending Techniques

 Hello! Today I focused on easy ink blending techniques for my AECP class. I LOVE ink blending! This is one of my favorite techniques! I use ink blending on almost every card I make. It adds such dimension and detail to the cards. 

I started with the Painted Butterflies set by Altenew (again). Now that I rediscovered this set I really love it! I stamped with Altenew Jet Black ink, then used the layering stamps to add in the colors for the butterfly wings. When I finished with the butterflies I felt there was too much empty space, so I brought in leaves from the Candystripe Cosmos set to stamp around the butterflies in different shades of green. 

The sentiment was cut from the Timeless Sentiments set.  I inked blended the shadow with the same pink I used for the butterflies, and the “hello” used the same blue ink.  Not all sentiments need to be black! (I need to say that as a reminder to myself!!)

I used a Spellbinders border set to make the edge a bit “fancy”, then added the stamped card stock to an extra sheet of card stock that was ink blended along the edge for added color.  To add the ink I used a domed ink blending tool which made it super easy to blend into my Neenah Classic card stock.

Since I normally use so much dimension on my cards, it’s a fun challenge to keep them a bit on the simple side.

Colors used:

  • Buttercream
  • Orange Sorbet
  • Strawberry
  • Dusty Pink
  • Dew Drop
  • Aqualicious
  • Sweet Leaf
  • Minty Mint

The next card focuses on the Altenew Build A Flower: Candystripe Cosmos. This is a new favorite set! The lines are sooooo beautiful!!


First I stamped the flower using blue and green inks.   I also added in just a touch of teal because, well, why not? I thought it would be fun to play with other colors!

I cut out an oval from the Spellbinders Essential Modern Ovals collection and ink blended that making the edges darker than the middle. I like that highlighted look in the center.  I was going to add that to white card stock, but it looked so boring! I decided to use some of the filler leaves and stamp randomly around the white card stock.  Still boring, so I ink blended on top with a light green ink…so much better! I added the oval onto the background, then popped the flower in with foam tape.


Colors used:

  • Butternut
  • Arctic
  • Persian Blue
  • Sapphire
  • Teal Cave
  • Raspberry Sunset
  • Frayed Leaf
  • Forest Glades
  • Moss


Comments

Post a Comment