For the Guys

 Hello! Let's talk about making cards for the guys in our life! I had so much fun with these, so I have quite a few to share.  Jennifer Rzasa has so many great ideas to offer in the video! I used the supplies I have (mostly!  I did do a little shopping!!) to follow some of the ideas. 


I had been waiting for the Goldfish Pond bundle to arrive so that I could get started on my idea.  Unfortunately when it arrived yesterday, there were no stamps, but it was very easy to add the details myself with a gel pen and alcohol markers.


I started the background a few days ago using a stamp from the Altenew Birthday Bash set.  I repeated the design with different colors of blue and thought it would be perfect for the koi fish set (that I didn't have... so I did a little shopping!!)
I stamped the sentiment from the same set, using my Stampwheel to get full coverage. 



Finally I cut out the fish and seaweed dies from white Neenah Solar Crest card stock, then added the details with a gel pen.  I colored (following the guide on the packaging) using Ohuhu alcohol markers, and attached to the background with foam squares.  I ran the edges of the card stock over my ink pad to make the edges contrast, then did the same with a slightly larger piece of card stock for a border.  All was attached to a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 card base.

Altenew Fresh Dye inks used:
Starlight
Tide Blue
Turquoise
Sea Breeze
Jet Black

The second card uses the same Goldfish Pond set.  I used the paper that I had die cut the first images out, and used it as a stencil.  I inked the fish very lightly with Mandarin Burst.  Then I cut out more of the fish images to make masks for the fish.  I set the masks on top of the inked fish, and sprayed the card stock with Tim Holtz Distress Spritz Sprays and Distress Mica Stain.



Next step was to add the fish details (after the sprays had all dried).  Again I used a black gel pen and Ohuhu markers to add the details.  The packaging is quite easy to follow, but it's also fun to change them up a bit!



I used a sentiment from Altenew Birthday Bash, inked in the Mandarin Burst ink, added a shadow behind, and attached with Foam tape.


I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how this came out!  I really like it!

Now... what should I do with the masks that were on top of the previous card that are now all shiny form the sprays? I know!! I will make another card!


I added white gel pen dots to start, but didn't like the way it looked, so I added acrylic markers.  Nope.  I didn't like that either, so finally added alcohol markers on top.  Interesting.


The background was made by blending Distress Oxides in peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, and Salty Ocean. (I love that color combination!)  I splattered with a little bit of watered down Blueprint Sketch for interest.  Then I attached the fish with foam tape, and have another little happy card! (I just realized I forgot a sentiment!! I will have to add one later.)


Are you tired of koi fish?  Good news! I also have elephants!
I lived in Uganda when I was a child, so I have a love of elephants! When saw this set I knew I had to have it!  (And the giraffes, too!)


I made a stencil with the Halftone Cover Die and stenciled with different greens onto my white card stock.
Altenew Crisp Dye Inks:
Green Opal
Green Onyx
Olive

 I added that onto another piece of card stock that I had ink blended the edges for a border to the card. I put a bit of Distress Ink (Vintage Photo) as grounding for the elephants. 

I die cut the elephant pieces from a light grey card stock, then added grey and black ink blending to bring out the shadows and details of the elephant.  The keyhole system makes it so very easy to piece together!! I added it with liquid glue, because I think there is already enough dimension with all of the layers.

Next I used the Altenew Essential Alpha set to hot foil the letters onto light grey card stock.  I love how the set makes and cuts the entire alphabet all at once! So easy!!  Using a pun I wrote Love You Tons...


I think It's so cute!

Last but not least... One for a birthday boy!

I wanted a fun, interactive card for a little birthday boy, so I used the Birthday Bash set again! I stamped and fussy cut the image then colored it with Ohuhu markers.  I added a little smiley face to make it cute.


The background was made using blue inks on a circle shaped stamp.  The "toy" is popped up on a wobbler so that it wiggles when touched.  I think a little boy would like that! I colored around the edge of a slightly larger piece of card stock with the matching alcohol marker to make the red border to add som extra color. 

Altenew Fresh Dye Inks used:
Starlight
Tide Blue
Turquoise
Sea Breeze


That's all for today.  Thanks for visiting!

Remember... Sent a card not a text!















Comments

Post a Comment