Let it Shine for AECP

Hello! Can I please tell you just how much I enjoyed this course? It's all about SPARKLE and SHINE!! What's not to love?  The hardest part was choosing which cards to share, because I just kept making more and more...

Card 1


This is the first one I made, so we will start here.  I first made the background using the new (to me) Lattice Blossoms Stencil.  It is just darling!  I covered it with a very light layer of the Pearl Shimmer Relief Paste onto white card stock.  I ran my fingers around the edges to create a smooth finish before it dried.  (And when they said it dries fast, they weren't kidding!!)

I added the panel to a thin strip of gold glitter card stock, and trimmed it down to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches.  Then I started working on the focal point.  The gorgeous Peony and Lilac Swag stamp set is stunning!  It doesn't matter what color ink I use.. it always comes out beautiful!


For this one I went with the darkest red colors I had.  Coral Bliss, Vineyard Berry, Ruby Red, and Crimson did the trick. The stencil in the set makes it difficult to make a mistake! It is so easy to line up to get perfect results every time.  I used my new Altenew mini blending brushes... oh! they are so nice!! For the lilacs I blended Sapphire ink using a heavier hand in certain areas for depth and dimension.  Frayed Leaf and Forest Green are still my favorite shades of green to use when ink blending...they look perfect every time.  

I used the coordinating die to cut out the flowers, then cut another scrap of gold glitter card stock to go behind the flowers as a shadow.  I didn't need a full piece because I knew most of it wouldn't be seen.  I attached the 2 pieces together, then adhered them to the card base using foam tape.  I cut off the flowers that hung over the edges on the bottom, but left the one on top because I thought it looked pretty.


The last step was to attach the glitter sentiment and some flat gold glitter embellishments.  I added some Ruby Red ink to the back side of the velum that acts as the shadow to the "hello".  Finally, a touch of glitter from my wink of stella brush pen on some of the flower petals just to give a little bit of shimmer.  

Card number 2


For this dainty card, I used an embossed background I had lying around.  (I believe it is from Simon Says Stamps).  It just felt right for the card I had in mind.  I used white pigment ink to stamp the flower images from the Altenew Adore You set onto velum, and then added fine white detail embossing powder and heat set the flowers.  I made 2 of the large one, and one smaller one for a nicer looking bouquet.  I then inked the leaves with VersaMark ink, added gold glitter embossing powder, and heated that.  All pieces were cut out with the coordinating dies.  (I love that there are coordinating dies for so many of the Altenew products!!). It makes life so much easier!!


I cut a piece of gold mirror card stock using a Spellbinders oval die.  (I do not know the name of the set). I then used the next smaller oval to cut a white oval for the card front.  I attached the leaves by putting a drop of liquid glue on the bottom tips where it I knew it would not show.  The smaller flower I did the same way.... I added the glue only on the bottom edge because I knew that would be covered by the other flowers.  I then attached the 2 larger flowers with a small foam dot in the center.  


To be sure the foam dots would not show through the card, I then cut a bunch of dots using the Halftone Cover Die out of gold mirror card stock.  I love having extra dots to use for embellishments that do not add extra dimension to the cards.  The different sizes of dots are great and make super enhancements on the card.  I also added a sentiment that had been hot foiled in black... another little bit of shine!  And lastly, I added tiny little dots of gold sparkle Stickles to the stamen of the flowers.  I think this is just enough sparkle... don't you?

Card 3


This one was fun!

I used the rose gold Shimmer Relief Paste and a circle stencil on white card stock to make the background.  I then found some sentiments that had also been foiled with rose gold foil, so pulled them out of my sentiments folder.  Then I made a white flower using the Craft A Flower: Cape Marguerite Layering Die Set.  I thought I wanted all white, but that was boring, so I ink blended just the centers with more Altenew rose gold pigment ink.  The center was finished with a touch of the Shimmer Relief paste.


Now there was A LOT of rose gold going on!  The Green Opal ink on the leaves adds just the right amount of color to the card.  I attached the sentiment strips with foam tape, added a foam square behind the flower, and popped up a few of the petals with smaller foam tape dots to add dimension.


This was an easy card to make, but it goes to show simple can also sparkle!!

Card 4


This one was made because I just received this glitter card stock as a free gift! I die cut the butterfly from the Marigold Butterflies set in 3 different colors, then painstakingly added different pieces back into the wings.  It's a much easier process with regular card stock!  The glitter paper doesn't like to cooperate as well! 


I used the coordinating embossing folder and ran it through my machine with white card stock.  I then added just a touch of green glitter paper to the edge of the card stock, and trimmed the panel down to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 to attach to an A2 card base.  I attached the butterfly with foam tape, as well as the sentiment.


I think this will be a great graduation card for my neighbor who just graduated high school. 

I think the biggest take-away I got from this lesson is that there are so many ways to add sparkle, glitter, and shine to a project.  Let your imagination soar!  Is it possible to have too much glitter?? Maybe... and maybe not.

Thanks for visiting!!

























Comments

Post a Comment