Seasonal Scene Building for AECP

 Hey there!

Today I worked on scene building.  When I was looking through my supplies I was thinking "I don't have anything for scene building... all I have is flowers!"  But, guess what? You can build a scene with flowers! 

My first card is my favorite for this class.  It turned out so beautiful! All I had to do was take a little time to plan out what exactly I was looking to make. 


This is a window card... my version anyway. I cut a circle on the edge of the card base so that I could have 2 layers visible on my card when it is closed, and one beautiful design on the inside when it is open.  This was fun!

I cut the flowers from white card stock and ink blended them with my ink blending brushes.  I think the purple and pink look so pretty together.  Then I blended just a bit of orange sherbet ink with the Altenew Embossing Paste for a tiny bit of color and texture, which I applied through my new Lattice Blossoms Stencil.  I had to let that dry (that was the hardest part!) 


After That was dry I attached the circle that I had cut out from the card stock onto the inside of my card.  I lightly inked that with sage green for added color and stamped a sentiment from the Build a Flower: Cattleya onto the center right side of the circle.  I added the Cherry Blossom flowers along the edge of the inner circle, making sure the card would close without any problems.  Then I added the 3 Cute Open Rose flowers to the outside.  The leaves were tucked in to add color and interest.




I may have to send this one to myself!!


After I finished that card, I started thinking again, and then I thought..."but I got my goldfish die set yesterday... that will work!" 

So again I used my Goldfish Pond dies and a gel pen to make the details (because I was too late and the stamps were all sold out.)



After I die cut the images and drew in the details, I thought I would use diluted ink to water color the fish. I smooshed ink onto my glass plate, and picked it up with a water brush to paint on the color.  As you can see, the fish and lily pads are very vibrant!


I ink blended an A2 size piece of white card stock with Distress Oxides.  (Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, and Salty Ocean)  Then I added water drops and watered down Unchartered Mariner and Blueprint Sketch with a paintbrush for added interest.  I attached the fish and lily pads with liquid glue so that they are flush with the card base.

Because I wanted to make this into a shaker card, I added velum behind a popped up frame, filled it with sequins, and attached to the fish background.  The velum makes it a little hard to see the fish, but it looks more like you are looking through the water, and I like that look.  (But it is very difficult to get a good photo!!)



For the third card I went back to flowers to work on a masking technique.  In order to make the flowers look like they are behind another, I had to mask off the first one, then stamp the next image.  That makes it look like it is behind the first image.


I used Altenew Floral Fantasy stamps and the dies just for the masking.  This is a one layer card.  


When I was finished I did not like the white card stock base, so I again smooshed some Speckled Egg Distress Ink onto my glass mat, added some water, and applied it around the card with a paint brush. I then trimmed the card stock to 4 x 5 1/4 inches.  I trimmed another to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches.  I applied the ink pad directly to the edges to match the orange in the rose to the border, and attached the 2 panels to my card base.


I added a sentiment and that completed my card.

I hope you enjoyed these cards for today.  See you soon!

As always, Send a card, not a text!














Comments

  1. Love the variety of cards, Onalie! Could you try making the size of your photo thumbnail a tad bigger please? If you cant, thats fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Erum. I will certainly try!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment