SSS Cute wobbly fireworks card

Hello, crafty friends!

I just received a new shipment from SSS! I love a good sale! I happen to live on a golf course, and every year they put on a fireworks display for their members.  We are not members, but the display is literally right above our yard, so I am a bit partial to fireworks!  (Although I know all the poor animals feel differently...) 

So anyway, I thought having supplies to make firework cards for next year's event was a good idea.


I used the stamp set with VersaMark ink and gold and red embossing powder for this.  I started with sprinkling on just a little bit of gold powder on one side of each stamped image, then went in with the red (after I had shaken off the remaining gold).

Then I needed a statement... I stamped the largest firework onto vellum and sprinkled gold embossing powder around the edges with red in the middle, then die cut it out with the coordinating dies.  I popped it up on a foam dot, and because we all know we can see any adhesive applied behind vellum, I added a gold sequin in the center to hide the dot.  This gives fun and dimension to the card.  I heat embossed a sentiment and applied it with foam tape.  


Fun card for really any time of the year!

The next one uses the wobbler!



I ink blended the white card stock with blue ink...(since I don't wash my brushes, I just used whatever ink remained on my blue brush!)

I also inked the tree line with Altenew Evergreen ink and cut out from the card stock.  It was too bland leaving it as one dimension, so I die cut it and popped it up with foam tape leaving just a bit of the white edges showing.

I stamped the festive little bear and colored him with alcohol markers, then cut him with coordinating dies. He is also popped up with foam tape.  

The fireworks were stamped with 2 different colors each.  I tapped the ink pad in the center, then a different one around the edges, blending the two with a sponge dauber to keep from having harsh edges.  Then I ran just the edge of my VersaMark ink around the edges and covered with gold embossing powder.  I didn't want too much, so I used the ink sparingly, but kind of wish I had used just a bit more.  It's still pretty sparkly!  I glued 2 of the fireworks onto the card stock, and the other I attached to a wobbler so that it is extra fun to open!

The sentiment was heat embossed to add even more sparkle to an already sparkly card.


Thanks for stopping by!  Come on over for the fireworks next year!!




Comments