Color Your Day for AECP

Ok, so I have to admit I LOVE Theres's classes!  Her creativity is limitless, and her voice is so soothing... she keeps me motivated to continue card making.


Therese took the time to explain how to choose colors using the color wheel.  I do not have a color wheel, so I chose to use colors from the 
Altenew ink family sets.  (Using colors close to each other on the wheel is one option for choosing pleasing colors... The ink sets do that automatically!)


I used Altenew Antique 
Rose layering die set for this technique.  I die cut all the pieces from white card stock, then I ink blended each layer with a different color from the ink family, starting with the lightest color on the back layer, and moving up with darker colors.  


Look at that beautiful detail!


I layered the bottom 3 layers together with foam tape, and the top layer (the darkest detail pieces) I glued on top. 

I used my Glimmer machine to hot foil the background of my card stock using a snowflake glimmer plate and iridescent foil.  It is very hard to see on the screen, but it is just the subtle detail that was needed for the background.  I die cut a fancy circle to mount the rose and leaves on, then glued to the card stock.  I found a sentiment in my stash that I attached with foam tape for the finished result.  


Just a quick snip with the scissors to trim the overlaying leaves, and voila! Done!

My second card (and bonus card) uses the 70-20-10 technique.  I had never heard that used before, but it makes so much sense! 70% of the card is one color, 20% is the focal point color, and 10% is the pop.



I started with my 70% background color.  I used Altenew Silver Lining Fresh Dye Ink as the background color.  I had an old circle stamp, so stamped in a pattern on the card stock.  


Next I die cut the Altenew Cute Open Rose Layering Die Set from white card stock. (I use this set quite often!! It's the best little flower!!)  I began ink blending with the Altenew Strawberry Fresh Dye Ink using a large blending brush.  I wanted a light covering of the lightest pink on all the layers.  I don't mind if there are still some white parts showing.  I then went in with a smaller brush and the Dusty Pink, staying inside the radius of the previous ink.  I finished each petal with a smaller "circle" of Blush Rose just on the very inside of each petal. I blended the centers and leaves with the colors shown.  The rose is my 20%, and the leaves are 10%.


Then I decided the sentiment would be heat embossed onto a strip of vellum.  I stamped onto the vellum (using my Stamp Wheel)  with the Raspberry Sunset ink, then covered with clear embossing powder.  Because ink does not dry quickly on vellum, it is possible to stamp with whatever color pleases you, and then add clear embossing powder.  Once it is heat set it is beautiful!!


The sentiment is from Spellbinders Awesome Birthday stamp set.


I attached the vellum to the backside of the card panel so that no adhesive would show through. I just folded the edges over, and glued to the back of the panel, and then attached the panel to the card base.


I then added some sparkle to the centers of the flowers.


I always sign the back of my card when I have finished.


And here is my bonus card... I just switched the colors so that the background was pink, and the flower white and gray.


See you again soon!












 

Comments

Post a Comment