Adding detail and texture

Hello and welcome back!

Today I am sharing with you how I add texture and shine to my cards.


First I will begin with the texture.  I used the Altenew Peony Dream 3D layering dies to die cut the flowers from white card stock.  I applied a light layer of purple ink to all of the layers.  I then used alcohol markers to add the detail lines to each petal.  I began by flicking the darkest color where I wanted to enhance the shadows.  I then flicked gradually lighter shades until I had the blending and texture I was looking for. It's not as hard as it seems 😊😊




Next I made the background panel for the shaker element.  I smeared Antique Silver Shimmer Relief Paste (Altenew) onto my card stock.  I spread it around until it was nice and even, then let it dry.


Once dry, I die cut the panel with a Pinkfresh Studios die. (You will notice it wasn't completely dry and some of the silver came off... I will just cover that with the flower.)



I added packaging (from a die or stamp set) to the silver panel.  I cut the packaging about 1/2 inch larger on each side of the panel, then attached with double sided tape onto the BACK side of the panel. 

After 3 sides were adhered, I added sequins into the "envelope". Once they were added, I taped up that last edge and adhered to the card base.




I attached the flower with double sided tape. (This just works better than liquid glue.) I also added a sentiment, and voila! Beautiful, simple textured and detailed card.




Comments