3 for 1

Hello! Today I used some products that have been feeling neglected from my stash.  It feels so good to play with some "old friends" again!


I started by selecting the Spellbinders Four Petal Thank You Floral die set.  I knew I wanted to play with this color combination, so I wanted to keep the design simple.  This flower works well for simplicity.

I die cut the flower from white card stock, then ink blended with Altenew's Pinkalicious and Magenta Fresh Dye Inks.  I used Gina K for the background panel.  Super simple blending on each.




After blending the background, I brought the panel to my splatter box and splattered with Altenew Iridescent, White, and Black sprays.


I like to add the flowers on with foam dots, but using liquid glue works just fine as well.


I began my design wanting an asymmetrical look, but once I added the Stampin' Up sentiment, the space in the top right corner was bothering me, so I did end up adding another flower


I popped on some Altenew Enamel Dots for the flower centers.


The colors on this really pop!

Now I have the negative from die cutting all the flowers.  I just cannot let that go to waste! Hmmm... it's time to use it as a stencil!



Here is the negative... see why I needed to use it? It looks so lovely!


And I have one extra flower left over!


I ink blended with Pinkalicious to match the outer edges of the flower. Don't you think it makes such a pretty background?


Next I used nesting dies to cut arches from the stenciled panel. (I really didn't need that inner arch! I don't know what I was thinking...)


I then die cut the inner arch 2 more times to add to the back side of the stenciled panel for dimension.


Since I had that outer arch, I added that onto the embossed background panel with liquid glue.  Then I attached the 3 layers of the inner arch with foam tape to make it really stand out.  I added the flower and some leaves, along with a Stampin'Up sentiment. And of course there is an enamel dot for the center.


I was going to stop here... but I still had one more piece to use!!


So I turned to my favorite technique... a shaker card!


I used the outer edge of the stenciled card panel to create a frame for the shaker card.  

To make the shaker I used some packaging from a new shipment of goodies!

I ink blended a panel for the background, (making sure it was just the right size to fit behind the frame), and added a sentiment from Stampin' Up.





I then added double sided tape to the back side of the panel, attached 3 edges, then filled with thin shaker bits.  I finally attached the 4th edge and had a shaker.  So easy!!




I used double sided tape to add the panel to the card base, as well as for adding the frame to the panel.  It just sticks better than liquid glue on the plastic packaging.

I made 3 more flowers to add to the front of the card, finishing them with Enamel Dots.

I wanted to use the same color scheme as well as the same dies to make these cards.  3 for 1! Not bad!


Do you have a favorite? I would love to know in the comments!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

















Comments