Hello! I hope you are warmer than I am right now. It is sooo cold here in New Jersey! If there are any typos in this blog it's because I am shivering! 😂
Today I made a beautiful vintage themed card. I used the Altenew Antique Rose 3D die set, as well as a background stamp from Simon Hurley for the background.
I began by watercoloring a panel of watercolor paper for both the rose and the leaves. I added in different colors as I let the previous layer dry. It's a simple process... just add water and watercolors until it looks good!
Next I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to randomly ink the stamp. I did not want the entire panel covered, so I just inked here and there. I added Speckled Egg Distress ink over the image, then ran a wet paintbrush around the edges so that I could tear the edges easily for a vintage look.I inked the edges with both Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain. Then I used the tip of my finger to add Brushed Pyrite Shimmer Relief Paste to the edges of the card stock, as well as to the edges of the leaves and rose. Just a tiny amount will do!
I die cut the rose and leaves from the colored watercolor paper, and layered them together with foam squares for dimension. Boy does this have dimension! I attached the rose and leaves to the panel, and then attached it all to the card base. Just look at that texture!
Have a great day!
Send a card...not a text 💕


















Comments
Post a Comment