Hello!
It's been a while since I blogged, but I am going to try to blog once a week for now. Wish me luck!
I have been super busy making cards, but I am also trying to build up my YouTube channel, so most of my efforts have been directed there.
So anyway, today I made a card using some scrap paper to die cut flowers and leaves. Let me explain...
I had been using this so either rub excess ink off my brushes, or sometimes as the back of my ink blending, and was about to throw it away when I realized the colors were actually beautiful!
So, rather than throwing it into the bin, I die cut some flowers and leaves to make a card.
I just randomly placed the dies onto the paper and ran them through my machine.
Aren't they so pretty?
I then cut the card base so that there would be one inch on the bottom and roughly 3 inches on the top. I also cut another piece of card stock just slightly smaller than those pieces and ink blended them with whatever ink was left on my blue ink blending brush.
I attached the flowers (following the guide) and attached the edges to the card base with liquid glue. Lastly, I die cut the bottom layer of the flower cluster again and attached that to the underneath layer (the inside of the card) to add more structure and support to the card.
Then I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark ink and added gold embossing powder. After drying it with my heat tool, I added it to the inside of the card.
Not bad for a piece of scrap paper!!
Materials used:
Altenew Mini Flower Cluster Layering Die Set
Altenew Fresh Dye Inks
Altenew Mini Blending Brushes
I now have an affiliate link, so if you decide to make a purchase (at no additional cost to you!!) please shop using my link below.
I also have a YouTube channel with more videos and projects to hopefully inspire you!
@HandmadebyOnalie



Comments
Post a Comment