Card making ideas using... Celery???

 Hello!

Did anyone else have to run from Thanksgiving prep to go make a card using the leftover end of the celery stalk?

Am I alone?


It makes the most beautiful rose!


After I used the portion needed for my stuffing, I made sure the end was cut flat so that I could stamp with it.  I didn't know how it would work, so I grabbed an old Stampin Up ink pad and started playing.  I started with a light pink ink so as not to contaminate any other inks if I liked the results... which I did 😍


I stamped in different ways for each card panel, but mostly I stamped the entire card stock.  I rotated the celery as I worked so the flowers didn't look exactly the same.


Then I grabbed a leaf stamp from my Altenew stamp set and stamped that among the flowers. 


For 2 of the cards I cut out the middle with a die and mounted the back onto a piece of foam.  (I have the cheap stuff from Michaels or Hobby Lobby... it die cuts like a dream!). Then I added it back onto the card panel for dimension.


Then I die cut and mounted the sentiments onto the card panels.  Super quick and easy!


This one I never re-inked the celery (That's a sentence I never thought I would say!). I just kept stamping using the ink that remained on the celery.  I like the different tones I got on the card by doing that. 


This was actually the first one I made, but I forgot to take my camera with me and didn't take photos along the way.  But I realized it might be nice to share the technique, so I ran down to grab my camera for the rest of the cards.





This one might be my favorite!  Sometimes simplest is best!


I hope you give this a try!  It brought out the pre-schooler in me!

Comments

  1. What a creative idea! I love how these turned out with the celery stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! I appreciate you visiting and commenting!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment